Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Life of a Beauty Queen Part 1

The Life As A Beauty Queen - Part 1

"May I begin with the tradition, Assalamualaikum, and a very good evening ladies and gentlemen... From the gateway to the Northern Paradise, and from the land they called the treasured Island, I'm Nur Lea Laurielle Lailee Abdullah, proudly representing, the 'Peal Of The Orient', PENANG!"

Opening introduction for a contestant in any beauty contests is very very important and crucial. It is what the judges are looking for in terms of preparations, self-confidence and most importantly, how you carry yourself and portray yourself as a rep. of a certain country or states be it for that matter....*Note-Though I was not from Penang, but since I won the State Selection for Miss Penang, so nak tak nak, have to have lah. Long story on how I tetiber rep Penang. Will tell dalam dalam blog nih later on don't you worry. My point here is, walaupun I am/was not from Penang, STILL I took pride in representing Penang and did jolly well during the introduction round... :)*

Dear fellow blog readers...
Being a beauty queen, or should I say, former beauty queen*It's sad, I know. Once a Beauty Queen i.e Title Holder, the next thing you know after reigning the title for a year, you've passed on the crown and there you go, you're just another what they call EX or FORMER title holder... ain't that sad?* I know how it felt like being in the limelight, being in a world where everyone (well, technically tak der lah sampai everyone, tapi majorly, almost, everyone kenal you when you hold a title tambahan KL is such a small metropolitan city... so you tend to like tak leh nak larikan diri, orang confirm nampak/terserempak/kenal thingie) Oh by the way, I tend to like get around the bush a lot in this entry, so bare with me! Biasa lah, orang ghajin ghoyat/bercakap, gamaknyo gittu ler peghangainye even in blog entries... So anyways, t'was not easy to get where I once been to and starting off for me was kindda like, hard and tough, but I've pulled through and I can consider using the phrase - "BEEN THERE DONE THAT"...

Life as a beauty queen, it's not always so sweet, so glamourous, so ... so... hmmm... tak dernye 24 jam menarik being a beauty queen. A lot of responsibilities... a lot of things to be considered... so and so forth. But we'll get into that later. Dalam this entry Part I, I'm gonna concentrate on my starting points in general, how I got so used to it, getting the fame and name and glam and what not... the list goes on.

Aiming to be a title holder - or winning in any contests,... I never lah terlintas to win. First experience has got to be the best. Prepared so-so, didn't expect to win, and there you go, claiming most of the sub titles offered for the night plus grabbing the main title with is cash and prizes... Now siape yang tak seronok, right? Of course I did and it sort of like erm, gave out this new spirit in me to compete more, to go for more, to challenge myself more and see what was I made of, you know?

So as years go by, lagi banyak contests yang muncul in KL bak cendawan, and if I may say so, the reason why I was given that title sindiran "Miss Tak Serik- Serik" is simply because, ade jer contest, I masuk. Ade jer contest, nama I ade as contestant... I grabbed every opportunity that came and worked my way up...

And the years rolled by, I get more experiences yang I tak pernah thought I would be getting. The thrill of practicing a day before the pageant, the excitement getting to know new friends, the tense of competing, the heat of waiting for results, the moment of truth, either you win or not... you know... those kind of experiences that one find it hard to explain with words tapi you have to be in my shoes to experience how it felt like being in the centre of attraction - centre of the stage - all eyes on you - you're the favourite - you should have one but at times, rezeki tak der, you don't win. So technically, I've felt all those things I've said. I wanted all those things to happen to me, once, when I was in my teenage year; look where I am now? I've been there done that... :)

Life after a contest, ESPECIALLY when you win a title, would somehow or rather, change you and your life, be it a minor change. Tetap akan terasa. From practically NOBODY to SOMEBODY... serious! I mean I could recall walking around Star Hill with no one noticing you except that you're pretty lah (Ceh!) But after a victory upon victory, and you held yourself high, with dignity and a TITLE, that's when you start noticing something - lagi ramai orang noticed you, kenal you, wanna know you, wanna take advantage of you (aaaaa... I'll go into the disadvantages of being a beauty queen in my part II - part one semue manis2 lah). I know after I won Miss Malaysia which was my highlight throughout the years I've been competing, I mean, I can easily be detected by everyone. Even my pathetic face was at Nokia Exhibition centre KLCC last year and I didn't even know! Had a friend yang kasik tahu. Or else, ado?

And of course, after you win a title, especially something BIG, you tend to get a lot of attention from the boys - men... :) Seriously... I mean... men yang I tak pernah kenal, mengaku kenal I. Men yang I tak pernah nampak before this, mengaku have chatted with me face to face kat Starbucks.. like HELLO!? I maybe labelled as a BEAUTY QUEEN but that doesnt mean can treat me like I'm one of those priceless junk, ie the plain yet pathetic legally blond bimbo? Duh! I won my titles with pride and dignity as I wanna be claimed, A Beauty With BRAIN. Hehehehehe. So anyways... things might or should I say, went stirred up a bit with me with men and not to mention boys yang still dont even know 2 2= ???? Still tetap nak.. well.. you know.. try me.. ehehehehe.. I gave them the benifit of the doubts and ended it with this - FRIENDSHIP is what I can offer - LOVE, NO... I've got mine.. :)

Oh did I mention layanan from ppl is way way different as before you held up any titles? I know.. I know.. ppl will start talking about you.. go to clubs, the spinnin' dj will say "Hey here's Lea Miss Malaysia!!!" and etc... wow! You really like, WOW!!! See... I cant even explain, cam ne nih? :) But it's like, WOW!

So much for part I... see u in PART II -....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really??never knew the other side of the contest...mmm..interesting..