Sunday, January 23, 2005

A Walk To Remember - [MISS MALAYSIA DIVA PAGEANT 2003/2004] Part III

A Walk To Remember - [MISS MALAYSIA DIVA PAGEANT 2003/2004] Part III

Ladies and Gentlemen; Here we go. On to the third chap, second last to this epic all-out-truth of my Miss Malaysia Diva Pageant 2003/2004.

Ok so� I�ve told everyone about how I got interested of joining the pageant, sampai lah I lalui liku2 nak pilih which state to compete for, sampai lah I got the title of Miss Penang 2003/2004� And so here�s the thing. PRELIMINARY ROUND � the Malam Berkemban ( Traditional Swim Attire for the Malays)� On that night, the judges will decide who will win three subsidiary titles; MISS EXOTIC LOOK, MISS BODY BEAUTIFUL and MISS BEST LEGS�

October 1st 2003 � Venue : The Bleu Bar Kuala Lumpur

The stage was set! Platforms here and there. Crowds makin ramai datang � UNEXPECTEDLY sbb MALAM BERKEMBAN? Sounded macam boring jer kan? So anyways, I was like terkejut jugak ramai yang datang. Not to my mention a lot of my cabin crew friends, stewards and stewardesses, straight and non straight semue ade to cheer me up.

In the changing room, semuenye berbatik lepas, berkemban, in their own ways, pilihan warna batik masing2. I went for GREEN� yes, again. Batik biasa tu, Kak Vee cut it to make it as batik lepas, and started melilit mengikat around my body. She did a wonderful job when she tied my batik lepas to the back and made it looked like a butterfly thingie just behind my back. How creative, and yes, HOW CEPAT some of the other contestants tiru jugak. ME being in kindda like bad mood, terus sound politely yet FIRMLY� �I�m sure your make up artists can do wonders. Why must ikut cara orang? Tak der identity sendiri ke? Anyways it�s cool that we might have the same style mengikat kain batik lepas kite but the way we handle �em, well, lets just let the judges decide�� Ade yang terasa, terus bukak ikatan and buat ikatan baru. Ehehehehe

My runner-up pulled out the last minute. Katanye ade something on. And ade jugak other states yang EITHER the runner-up tarik diri OR the actual State winner tarik diri so the runner-up took the place of becoming the States rep. All together malam tu we should have like 30 girls� tapi yang ade, 19 ke 20� I pun dah tak ingat� and I pun dah tak ingat which states yang ade dua wakil or what not. For sure yang I TAHU, my toughest fight for that night would be my runner-up, (who pulled out), Miss Perak rep and Miss Pahang rep, runner-up Miss Selangor and Miss Wilayah Persekutuan KL. But yang paling dekat fightnye for me that night was Miss Perak, Ayang Karmell.

Contest begun. Kak Vee was excited and nervous for me� touch up last minit sikit� and then off I went up on the stage. Did the same intro I did when I competed for Miss Penang State Selection � Only this time I felt tergugat sikit sebab Miss Perak did a wonder act with PANTUN as her intro, Miss Pahang siap MENYANYI as her intro� Miss Johor 1st runner-up siap bersyair lagi. God! I felt like, ok, I may have screwed my intro. But am not gonna screw anything else afterwards. So I did catwalk, very perempuan perempuan Melayu malu gittu, as choreographed, heart skipped a bit one too many times. Smiled throughout the whole contest, crowd roared and cheered, not mention jeered a bit, but not on my though� ehehehe� and then twas time for that one and one Q and A session with the MC.

MC : Miss Penang, could you pls step forward. Now Miss Penang, tell us, in your opinion, kenape ye, Penang is sooo special? Ape yang buatkan Penang so menarik to the eyes of the world�

THIS TIME AROUND I WAS PREPARED � I think�

ME : Well, thank you for the question. Bagi pandangan saya, ape yang buatkan Pulau Pinang itu menarik and fascinating to the eyes of the world would only be it�s white sandy beaches and it�s peaceful, different types and colours of community on the island. And how could you resist the sweet temptations of the islands� local FOOD! Food is Penang best thing to offer, dari makanan Melayu, to makanan Cina, to makanan India and the list goes on. You name it, you got it! And that�s why I�m proud to be a Penangite, and representing it here in the pageant, to the eyes of the world. Thank you, terima kasih.

And yes I ended it with a big smile again on my face as the crowd really went out of my expectations. Roared like nobody�s business. Ade yang screamed �THE CROWN IS YOU LAH PENANG!� Hehehehe

Then there�s the results part. Patiently waiting. Tonight�s 3 subsidiary winners will bring no technical points to the finals. However, the three top scores OVERALL akan dibawa ke malam finals. Tonights malam berkemban akan diambil 20 points to the total scores for the finals. Results out�

Miss Exotic Look � Miss Perak State Rep
Miss Body Beautiful � Miss Penang State Rep
Miss Best Legs � Miss Penang State Rep

Well, I kindda like expected to best legs thingie, but Miss Body Beautiful? God! I was shocked! So dalam tangan sekarang I dah pegang RM500 as each sub awards carries RM250. Ehehehe� and then for the top three high scores�

With the total composite scores of 17.5/20, was Miss Pahang state rep� then came in ME, Miss Penang state rep, with 19.3/20, then the nights overall winner was� was� WE HAD A TIE! Yes. Miss Penang state rep seri, sama markahnye dengan Miss� PERAK state rep! God! I was smiling. Crowd was� hmmm� mixed reactions� Ade yang roar ade yang jeered� how could this be? I mean, Perak and Penang? TIE? Walhal I lebih 2 sub awards. But after thinking for awhile, wait a minute, sub awards did carry any points, kan? So maybe Ayang Karmell was very good that night� well� what to do. Rezeki I was just to share the points with Miss Perak State Rep� We were the nights� winner. No 2nd place winner� just two first place winners and third place winner. That�s fair enough I guess� We�ll just have to break the tie points during the finals!



Next blog entries:
PART IV Miss Malaysia Diva 2003/2004 Pageant final night.


No comments: