Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Friends Forever G!

March 2nd, 2005 - Wednesday 10:24AM


Dearest all...

It all started way way back in 2003... the month, I'm not so sure; But I am pretty sure it was somewhere near October...

It was at a friends place, we were all gathering, chit chatting away, laughed and what not; we had a rehearsal thingie goin' on. It's what most of us do when it comes to serious preparations for a pageant - and there, I met her.

She was just as quiet as she could be. Sitting by the side - one corner, against the walls, tgk kire kanan like, in amaze thingie. Probably becoz that was her first time kot la kan. We had the introduction practice - you the thing is our mentor E, was a top 5 winner for the pageant, held the year before us. So E sort of like always, like, macam, dah well known for her charismatic and auro up on stage and she never kedekut ilmu. So she turunkan for us - newbies and oldies also. Never fail to comment apa apa - let it be hurt but the truth dia mesti deliver jugak. That was E. So anyways, me and 'her' - THE MAIN person of this entry was there, among our circle of friends, some we might not even known. Erm, we had like, let see, me, 'her', and there's another three, oh wait, four others, so all together 6 - I was like seriously, the 'expected' one so no one bothered much about me since I was like - dah berpanggglaman dalam beauty pageants and what not. But when 'she' started talking her intro - I was amazed. She can really talk. I mean... lets face it. Bukannye ramai pun yang really really all out and boleh talk/converse well in English - but then... she did. But I didn't pay much of attention to her as I was busy with my own dress, my own introduction lines and so and so forth.... and then, after that night - didn't see 'her' until.. nope... not even on the rehearsal day 1. Rumors said that I wasn't entering since I was flying off somewhere.... 'She' was like "Oh thank GOD" for a minute there but then again, the thought of like, "What's the point competing when the best out there is not competing here?" - She had it - the positive competing attitude not many people tend to have. She was calm about it - as calm as she saw me on the second day of rehearsals (the actual day of the competition) - Although she was surprised that I was there but she was calmed and relaxed about it - with that maintained posture and gesture, she was a true queen no one noticed during the day....

The night came - after the rehearsals, after the make over sessions - it was in the changing room. I was not that far from 'her'. She was, actually, everyone was in black and white casual concept. She had this little white lily I think, by the side of her hair... white top with black can can skirt - and a silver bangle on her right arm I think... couple of 'her' friends were by her side - but I wasn't concentrating much.

The night came to the final 10 - she was in it. To my surprise. The girl who was quiet so so during the day and looked shockingly different that night - managed to get into the final 10 placing. Deep inside me I knew - she should do great in the IQ session - and she sure did. But that didn't mean I had her eyes on favourite to win. She wasn't even in my list of top 10, don't mention about top 5! But again she surprised me - She won, clinched the title for the night - and me? 3rd placing and where did I go? Crying back stage...

To be honest - I wasn't mad at 'her'. Well, part of me was becoz honestly she was nobody to the pageant world and yet she won. I was pissed. Really. I don't mind Greece winning the title or the French girl grabbing the title - but Peru!? Like hello? Where did I go wrong? It made me thing - I was to blame for losing that night - I sucked big time during Q/A in top 10, I was fat - couldn't be bothered about my weight and most of all, I guess I was over confident. Hey, wait this isn't about me... it's about 'her'

She had her year as the title holder. She carried it well - out of annyyyy gossips, no nobody to screw her reign and most importantly, from some sources, she was still the humble and quiet girl everyone knew before winning the ultimate crown for ppl like us. I admit I was talking shit also about her - saying things like who is she to win the crown and what not - bla bla bla - u know jealousy lead from one thing to another - somemore, mulut ponen - tau tau aje lah. But she maintained that "WHATEVER" attitude - with poise and grace - and that made me realize one thing - she memang deserved the title.

About a year later - we met, again. At the pageant, during the rehearsals actually. I was, how should I say, missed her? Yeah - I was with her friends and they were talking about her and bla bla bla and made me to think that she is interesting and what not - I wanna be her friend. Let bygone be bygone - eh betul ke? Anyways we met - and we instantly clicked. I don't know. Probably becoz communicating in English wasn't a problem for both of us. Although she's better but I had no problems catching up with her, or if I did, I asked her. We seriously went from total strangers - to totally cool newbie friends... despite the placing differences - she's the reigning title holder, me just her 2nd runner-up to her title... we still went along just fine. Tak kenal maka tak cinta ye ke tak? :)

After the night was over, after she crowned her successor *the one who won was my girl* we went on having some drinks and had some fun night out...

And then, that's when we started contacting each other via SMS and phonecalls, meet up whenever she's back in KL (she was and still working in Gurun) and we would chat on MSN and also do a lot of bitching around. I guess it has been fun knowing her. Although ade jugak me just didn't mean to hurt her feelings but I did and vice versa, I got hurt knowing that at times, what she WON was something I wanted sooooo much and soooo badly. But see, the thing is, we're friends, and both of realized that quickly and made us think back - heck the titles, fuck what ppl say, hell with bitching around - by the end of the day, me and her, we're still friends, through ups and downs since 2003 (literally) up till now 2005 - well ain't nothing gonna change that.

She is a friend that I never knew I would found in her... She helped me a lot in terms of wisdoms and advises, she hit my head so hard to make me think and above all, she understood me and she believed in me. Betraying her trust is the lasttt thing I wanna do. Finding someone like her; who can talk well in English, VERY WELL, someone who is easy to talk to you (PROVIDED SHE'S NOT TOO BUSY) and above all - someone who knows EXACTLY how you feel (LIKE BEEN THERE DONE THAT THINGIE) well - that is something I will not risk to lose....

She touched me in a way NO one had ever done before - SHE WOULD RATHER LOSE THE TITLE DARI LOSE ME AS A FRIEND! OMG!!!!! She ACTUALLY SAID THAT! Now how can one actually NOT CRY to this????

And the person, the one who selalu kutuk me in my blogs *Eh I meant ME kutuk her and she BALAS balik at me in her comments; but at times her comments memang sincerely from her heart * the one person yang selalu made me laugh throughout my 2 months of heart pain and misseries - goin' through shits from KL and also goin' through continuous pain in the asssss -

Ladies and gentlemen - I bring u... The one and only - Miss G, Ginger De La Loca - Miss G! THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND - AND THIS ENTRY IS FOR YOU....

SHE MIGHT NOT BE MY ULTIMATELY BEST FRIEND, YET - BUT SHE SURE IS ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS

Wasalam

Regards with loads of love,
Nur Lea Lailee Abdullah

Currently listening:
Wind Beneath My Wings
By Bette Midler
Release date: By 11 June, 1992

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

Anonymous said...

Advertising can be a big problem otherwise. A lot of companies reserve a big chunk of their budgets to cover marketing expenditures.

Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!